Pancetta and Chilli Firecracker Potatoes
You know what's delicious, fucking spicy, meaty potatoes, that shit is wild tasty. Not quite the festive treat this time of year but I made it because it's the first thing that came to mind when I wanted to throw something together to stick into these fancy AF tapas bowls (made by my friend Gigi). There's something about tapas that I just love. I was always the guy who would prefer to order two or more appetisers over a main course, I like me a diverse table of delicious shit and usually everyone envies the variety I receive. The joke's on you guys, you enjoy that one meal, I'ma have three. Here's how to make pancetta and chilli firecracker potatoes.
TIME: 25 mins SERVES: 2
250g of sweet potato, cubed
10g of butter
1 tbsp of olive oil
1 red chilli, sliced
50g of smoked pancetta
1 tsp of smoked paprika
1/2 tsp of hot cayenne pepper
1/2 teaspoon of fennel seeds, ground
1/2 tsp of sea salt
1 tsp of grated parmesan cheese
Fresh coriander, chopped
Pumpkin seeds, garnish
1. In a hot saucepan, toast the smoked paprika, cayenne pepper and ground fennel seeds.
2. Add the butter and olive oil, followed by the sweet potato and mix well.
3. Add half of the sliced red chilli followed by the pancetta and sea salt.
3. Sauté the potatoes whilst mixing well on a medium heat for about 20 minutes.
4. Add the parmesan and fresh coriander and mix well.
5. Serve in a tapas bowl, garnish with extra chilli, pumpkin seeds, chopped coriander and enjoy!