Sweet potato, pomegranate and feta breakfast hash
It's time for breakfast folks and today we are having a hash, but it isn't just any ol' hash, it's a fancy AF hash with all the pretentious shit you'd expect from a fancy AF hash. Just look at it, everything about it screams wanky brunch eating twat, but these are the things we have to deal with in order to sit down and eat a slightly more alternative breakfast these days. Call me what you want, you guys can stick to cornflakes and jam on toast, but I'm having a fancy AF hash. Oh and that sick looking skillet you see there? Go grab yourself one from my pals at Vonshef. Cast iron deliciousness, just in time for Christmas.
TIME: 20 mins SERVES: 1
For the hash:
100g sweet potatoes, cubed
10g salted butter
1 tbsp of olive oil
200g of chopped tomatoes
1 garlic clove, roughly chopped
1/2 teaspoon of ground cumin
1/2 teaspoon of sea salt
1/2 teaspoon of fennel seeds
1/4 teaspoon of allspice
30g of feta cheese, crumbled
Sprinkling of pumpkin seeds (for garnish)
Sprinkling of sunflower seeds (for garnish)
Sprinkling of fresh coriander (for garnish
For the dressing:
40g of pomegranate seeds
1 tsp of lemon zest
1 tsp of orange zest
2 tbsp of orange juice
2 tsp of lemon juice
1/2 tsp of hot cayenne pepper
1 tbsp of honey
1. In a skillet, toast the fennel seeds, and ground cumin for two minutes on a medium heat and then add the butter and olive oil.
2. Add the garlic and sweat for another two minutes and then add in the sweet potatoes, sauté for 10 minutes.
3. Add the chopped tomatoes, sea salt and all spice and mix together well and bring to a simmer.
4. Make a space in the skillet with a wooden spoon and crack an egg into it. Place a plate over the top to cover and cook on a medium heat for 5 minutes
5. While you wait for the egg to cook, begin making the dressing. To a bowl, add the pomegranate seeds, lemon zest, orange zest, orange juice, lemon juice and honey and mix together well.
6. Once the egg is cooked, crumble the feta cheese over the top and drizzle the dressing over it.
7. Garnish with pumpkin seeds, sunflower seeds and fresh chopped coriander.
8. Serve and enjoy!