Vegan sweet potato breakfast hash-browns with lemon avocado spring greens
It's breakfast time and today I'm having vegan hash-browns because I'm spending this month being a right LAD and doing veganuary again. well at least until the 17th because I am going snowboarding in the French alps and like fuck am I missing out on a cheese fondue in the mountains. Saying that, one of my new years resolutions is to go vegan during the week as a conscious effort to and then ultimately go turbo carnivore on the weekend, maybe... Hit me with your new years resolutions, I want to hear all. Vegan sweet potato breakfast hash-browns with lemon avocado spring greens coming right up!
TIME: 45 mins SERVES: 2
For the hash brown:
Vegetable oil to shallow fry
1 medium sweet potato, grated
1/2 a medium onion, grated
50g of sweetcorn
20g of vegan butter, melted
1 teaspoon of sea salt
1/2 teaspoon of garlic salt
2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
1 teaspoon of coriander, chopped
2 teaspoons of plain flour
1/2 teaspoon of smoked paprika
1/2 teaspoon of cayenne pepper
1/2 teaspoon of ground cumin
For the spring greens:
1/2 an avocado
50ml of unsweetened oat milk
3 teaspoons of lemon juice
1 handful of fresh coriander
1/4 teaspoon of garlic salt
100g of chopped spring greens
10ml of olive oil
1. Using a cheese grater, grate the sweet potato and onion and mix together in a bowl.
2. Put the grated potato and onion into a tea towel and tightly squeeze all of the moisture from the mix. Once you have done this, add it back to a mixing bowl.
3. Add the rest of the ingredients and mix together well.
4. Once combined, form the mixture into patties ready to fry.
5. Add vegetable oil to a frying pan and bring up to a medium heat and add the patties. Cook on both sides for about 4-5 minutes or until golden brown.
5. While the hash-browns are cooking, in a blender, add the avocado, oat milk, lemon juice, coriander and garlic salt and blend until smooth.
6. In a saucepan add the spring greens and olive oil and wilt on a low heat with the lid on the saucepan for about 6 minutes.
7. Once the spring greens have cooked, add the avocado dressing and mix well.
8. Take the hash-browns off the heat and serve hot with a helping of the lemon avocado spring greens. Garnish with fresh chilli and coriander.